HGCA Halloween Parade and Trick or Treating
A group of HGCA parents and residents suggests the following guidelines for celebrating Halloween again this year so everyone can enjoy the evening in a safe manner. The Board is providing its communications network to distribute this information.
First, on Sunday, Oct. 31, kids in the neighborhood are invited to participate in a Halloween Parade. Starting at 5:30pm, the parade will travel from the big playground on Indian Ridge Road to the small playground at the opposite end of IRR. This will allow children and families to maintain social distancing and will enable those who prefer not to go door-to-door to show off their costumes and have some fun.
Second, families who want to go trick or treating after the parade, are encouraged to follow these suggestions:
- Turn on your house light if you want to participate in trick-or-treating this year.
- Pre-bag treats so kids are not touching all the candies.
- Please only touch the trick-or-treat bag that you will be taking home with you.
- We do kindly request that there be no more than one family per house at a time.
- You can leave your candies outside and watch the kids, or you can create new ways to deliver the candies like we had last year.
If you have questions, please contact Luciana Ocaranza, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you this Sunday and Happy Halloween!